Earlier this year I did a rather non-scientific poll on Linkedin and asked sales people and sales managers which 3 sales books made an impact on them and that they would recommend to others. Here is a list of books that came up time and time again:
1. Green Eggs and Ham- Dr Seuss (believe it or not). I went back and reread the book now understand why it’s a top sales book.
2. The Bible- inspired by God,need I say more. This book was on many people’s list and I definitely understand why.
3. SPIN spelling by Neil Rackham- a classic
4. Any book by Jefferey Gitomer- he’s written such books as “the sales bible” and “the little red book of selling” as well as many others
5. Selling to Vito by Anthony Parinello-this is about selling to C levels. I enjoyed this one.
6. Power based selling by Jim Holden- also a classic.
7. Don’t fire them, fire them up by Frank Pacetta-this is a great motivating book about taking a last place team and bringing them to 1st place.
8. Success for dummies by Zig Ziglar- in fact many books by Zig were mentioned by many people
9. The 25 most common sales mistakes and how to avoid them by Stephan Schiffman- many of Stephan’s books were mentioned.
10. You can’t teach a kid to ride a bike at a seminar by David Sandler- this will be my next sales book to read because the title is rather intriguing.
This is by no means a complete list but it’s a great starting place for some interesting read. As I mentioned in my last blog post, personal development includes reading and learning. Do something for yourself by reading and learning.
PS if you would like to suggest a book just send me a note.